Wednesday, September 23, 2009

When it all comes back !!!


The past of a person never leaves him. In fact, it is one of the most important character building component of life. For example the planet earth cannot be described without life, a person's outlook, thoughts and actions are always related to his/her past life. These experiences never leave the person who is affected by the action - directly or indirectly.
About five years back such an incident happened that influenced many voluntary and even involuntary decisions of my life. All that happened was that someone very close to me had simply decided to walk out of my life. As stupid and insignificant it may seem today, it really drove me into the pits of self pity and self loathing. Loneliness became my favorite companion and empty rooms became my abode. Everything in my life was affected-my studies, family, friends. It completely changed the impression people had about me. I continued to live in the state for many years. It was miserable.
However in college it did take me some time but the new place and people made me feel better. Slowly I got over and became a whole new person. Life had turned pleasant and it was actually fun living it. An introvert now actually had the capability to speak out out his mind in front of a crowd of thousands. It seemed everything was back on track.
Although there was always a part of me that still thought about those times, I had never felt so lively before. But as Chetan Bhagat says "Life screws you exactly at that point when you think you figured it all out " , that person came back into my life. Like the water from a collapsed dam all the feelings for that person came rushing back. Logic of the brain said to stay away from the possible thunder storm that could possibly shake the foundations of my very existence on this planet. But voice of logic was a mere whisper compared to the cries that were echoing inside my head. Cries that pushed me towards the possible thunderstorm. Everything else tried stopping me from taking the step, but in the end it really did not matter for everything that i had valued had come back.Back from the past that can never leave a person....

No comments:

Post a Comment